Author Topic: Is My TED Dead?  (Read 2183 times)

wmcole

Is My TED Dead?
« on: January 17, 2013, 09:17:57 PM »
After working for over a year:

1. The gateway does not appear in my list of "attached devices" from my router's management page.

2. The data on the desktop display is all zeros, but it is showing 5 bars for the wireless reception (and is located about 2 feet from the gateway).

3. The front green light and green lights at the network port on the gateway appear to be flashing in a familiar pattern.

4. The side yellow light (which I believe is the decoder for MTU transmissions on the AC line) is not showing at all.

I tried removing the gateway from the socket for 5 minutes.  I tried pressing the side reset button.  In those instances, the side light will come on, blink rapidly for a second or two, shut all lights on the gateway off for about 2 secs, then the network and wireless lights come on again.

This happened overnight, and there has been no change in position, socket, router, no one has been in the breaker box, and the solar unit is still generating power according the the inverter's display.

The status light on the router port to which the gateway is attached shows activity (blinks in a normal pattern) so there appears to be electrical continuity between the router and TED gateway, but apparently there is no logic activity at the gateway end for either the router or MTUs.  Is the gateway "brain dead" and if so, what is the fix?

Support7

• Administrator
Re: Is My TED Dead?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 05:13:54 PM »
Good Morning wmcole,

If you would submit a support ticket to: http://www.theenergydetective.com/new-ticket one of our techs will begin working with you to diagnose and resolve your TED's issues.

Regards,

TED Forum Support