Author Topic: TED Pro Residential  (Read 18401 times)

rainman50

TED Pro Residential
« on: March 26, 2013, 06:01:15 PM »

I don't have a TED yet and I was reading that there is a TED Pro Residential but I can't find any info on it. (Maybe they are referring to the TED 5000 some how.

I'd like info on using the TED Commercial Pro in Single Phase or the TED Pro Residential unit mentioned here...

Here is a quote from the TED Pro Commercial pdf.

Limitations of TED Pro Commercial:
Please note the following limitations:
If you have a Single-Phase service,TED  Commercial will work. (Use TED Pro Residential
in most cases for a less-costly solution)
If your main circuit breaker or fuse panel is larger than 1200 Amps, TED WILL NOT work.
If you have more than one main circuit breaker or switch you will need to use multiple MTUs.
If your main service circuit conductors (wires) are larger than 1.25 inch diameter, TED WILL
NOT work.
Other TED models and accessories may be available for these applications. Please see
our website for details.

I did not see a forum for the PRO commercial unit. The reason I'm looking that this unit over the 5000 is I'd like to not use the AC line transission method (I know you can use a filter to stop interference)  and also have more of a premium unit.

Support7

• Administrator
Re: TED Pro Residential
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 09:23:21 PM »
Good afternoon rainman50,

Thank you for your question. If you wanted to use the TED Pro Commercial on a single phase system, you would need to connect the blue power wire in the same breaker you have the red wire, due to the TED Pro displaying the average voltage of the three phases. A later firmware release will make this step unnecessary.

TED Forum Support
www.theenergydetective.com