Author Topic: Yet another Load Profile question  (Read 2539 times)

rstripe

Yet another Load Profile question
« on: May 30, 2011, 05:56:55 AM »
Rather than using "Learn" I have checked several times with graphing the A/C load, and manually entered 2 start stages & 1 off stage. 1st start is 5.424kw and 2nd start I entered as -1.199kw because after about 10 seconds & continuing for about a minute, the current reduces to a steady run state of 4.225kw.  I entered the stop stage as 4.225 I then updated the settings. I have since rebooted the computer several times but the Load Profile tab still opens with "no data".  I'm not too surprised, as I see others have had problems with this feature, but I just wanted to know if I entered the stages correctly. I left the tolerance at 10%.

DougHo

Re: Yet another Load Profile question
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2011, 01:14:33 AM »
When I initially got TED5000 almost two years ago, I could get Load Profile to operate as documented (but only useful for my water heater since desirables such as A/C either varied too much and/or was too close to others such as oven and/or water heater).  But months later, my Load Profile stopped working at all - always says No Data (my assumption is that deleting all devices still leaves something corrupt in some database).  However, your situation might be different.  When I was experimenting, it seemed like the change in values needed to take place within a few seconds.  Since I think your description about reaching steady state is longer than that, I don't think you'll be able to make it work.  If you switch to single stage, You could notice the "on" but you would never see the "off" since TED5000 doesn't let you put in a different negative value.

rstripe

Re: Yet another Load Profile question
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 05:23:04 AM »
Thanks Doug, yeah that's logical---it would look for a quick change to the programmed state....well, I may experiment with just the steady state only & see what happens.