Author Topic: Wrong Estimation of Monthly Useage  (Read 4051 times)

1949live

Wrong Estimation of Monthly Useage
« on: July 31, 2011, 05:51:05 AM »
Been using Ted for sometime, 4 MTUs (2 electric panels, electric HW, and Solar).  Last month's bill was nearly twice what Ted said, and I checked the electric company meter before and after and the Ted inaccuracy was real.  Example:  Today Ted reports:

Days left in billing cycle: 25 (i.e. 5 days have passed)
KWH used this month:  362 (i.e. 362/5 or 72.4/day)
Projected KWH Useage: 1053 (i.e. 1053/30 or 35/day)

Wildly off in projected - the 72/day is close to right.  Any idea what the heck is going on?

Additionally, I have the Graph page set to show just 3 traces, one of which is Total Daily kWh (blue trace).  The trace shows up in the Seconds display, but any other display (hours, days) it vanishes.  Again, any idea what is going on?  Have Gateway 406 and Footprints 223 firmware (the latest).

Thanks.

JBurgess

Re: Wrong Estimation of Monthly Useage
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 06:54:53 AM »
If my TED looses contact with one of the MTUs but not the other for a period of time, then it does the same thing. Resting Totals to Zero resolves it for me, but then you loose your totals for the month.

TEDSupport6

Re: Wrong Estimation of Monthly Useage
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 06:53:21 PM »
First, the monthly projection will become more accurate as the month goes on, however you may want to go ahead and reset your totals to zero to see if that corrects it for you. You may also want to check your stats page to check on the consistency of the signals from your MTUs. TO access your stats page, open Footprints in your browser. Then type http://ted5000/stats.htm into the URL address bar. You will see a black and white chart appear. Look for the rows on the left labeled “MTU Rec” and “MTU Skp”. If your MTU Skp is 20% of the MTU Rec count you do have some noise interference.