Author Topic: TED5000 Beta R452/R240  (Read 73839 times)

PBMax

Re: TED5000 Beta R447/R240
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011, 01:07:27 AM »
I've been thinking of getting a WiFi Thermostat.  Is this the one that is supported: http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202352449/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

What support/functionality does TED have with this Thermostat?

TED will be able to read the current temperature and setpoint, and allow the use to change the current mode of operation (heat/cool/auto/off) and change the setpoint from within Footprints. On the CT80, we display current usage recorded by the TED5000 ("Now" power/cost, MTD energy/cost, TDY energy/cost).

We are compatible w/ the 3m50 but it may require a firmware upgrade from RTA (like the CT30/CT80). We'll keep the site posted on when those firmware updates will be available from RTA.

Is there a way you can determine when the unit is running on the 3m50?  I haven't had success in "learning" my air conditioner so I can't tell how much it adds to my overall bill. Since I have three floors, $300 is better than $750 in thermostats.

JBurgess

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 07:39:57 AM »
Is the Demand Peak shown on the dashboard Peak or off peak and how do I see the other?

For both TOU and Tiered, we are displaying the highest demand charge used.  In the next release, we will be moving the demand charge display from there to the "Recordings" section where we'll be able to break it down by each peak type. We also are currently only including the maximum TOU peak charge in the mtd and projected cost calculations, but realize some plans (like PGE&E) make it cumulative for all TOU's. We'll add the option to make it cumulative or max in an upcoming release as well.

Yesterday my TED figured my off peak demand was 10.99 kW and $21.99. Today my on peak demand was over 6 kW and I have $6 /kW hour so the peak charge should have updated to $36 if I understand right. It did not. I stayed at 10.99 kW and $21.99.

I have Demand Charges, TOU based, kW based, Saturday, Sunday, Holidays and Off Peak checked. $6 peak and $2 off peak entered for all seasons.

Am I understanding right?

TedDev

• TED Software Developent
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 07:44:54 AM »

Yesterday my TED figured my off peak demand was 10.99 kW and $21.99. Today my on peak demand was over 6 kW and I have $6 /kW hour so the peak charge should have updated to $36 if I understand right. It did not. I stayed at 10.99 kW and $21.99.

I have Demand Charges, TOU based, kW based, Saturday, Sunday, Holidays and Off Peak checked. $6 peak and $2 off peak entered for all seasons.

Demand Charges are based on the highest peak during the billing period. So, if your peak yesterday was 10.99kW and you only hit 6kW today, you peak demand for the billing period would still only be for the 10.99.

TedDev

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 07:47:27 AM »
Is there a way you can determine when the unit is running on the 3m50?  I haven't had success in "learning" my air conditioner so I can't tell how much it adds to my overall bill. Since I have three floors, $300 is better than $750 in thermostats.

Footprints will show you the current state of the thermostat but its not linked into Load Profile. That's something we can look into adding though (it would be a cool feature and fairly easy to add).

Also, if you have a dedicated MTU on the AC, you can use the new 'Dedicated MTU;functionality in Load Profile to determine if the unit is on or off.

JBurgess

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 07:55:56 AM »

Demand Charges are based on the highest peak during the billing period. So, if your peak yesterday was 10.99kW and you only hit 6kW today, you peak demand for the billing period would still only be for the 10.99.

Then is the demand based on the highest kW ignoring the difference in rate between on peak and off peak?

DougHo

« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 09:48:25 AM »
TEDDev: As you requested, I tried Reset Totals to Zero (multiple times).  Each time results in Footprints display immediately showing a new crazy high Peak kW Today (usually in the upper twenty-something kW range) and the current time, while the real-time kw usage shown properly at that time was over 100 times less (couple hundred watts).

TedDev

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 05:37:05 PM »
Also make sure you reset the TED5000 after resetting totals to zero to ensure all memory buffers are cleared.

I have a test system dialed down to 0.050kW right now and am not able to reproduce the issue (I will continue to let it run though). Can you attach screenshots of your live dashboard page and your stats page.

A 20-something kW peak isn't high from a system standpoint (its well within the accepted range). Does you second history show any sort of spike? That's where the data would be pulled from.

jrgrant

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2011, 06:03:59 PM »
As DougHo mentioned in his first post, Internet Explorer 9 is displaying some sort of "broken bar" graphic through the tabs on the footprints pages.  Same result with "compatibility mode" on or off.  This bar doesn't appear when the page is viewed with Google Chrome or Firefox, but the background of the tab for "Load Profile" is kind of messed up in IE9, Chrome and Firefox.
Under IE9, the vertical axis graph label (on the "Graphs" tab) frequently renders as upside down horizontal text instead of the intended vertical text.  Label is fine under Chrome and Firefox 4.01.  These are all cosmetic niggles, but thought a second confirmation might be helpful.

Your buffer overflow detection code is no longer tripping on a fairly long fully qualified domain name -- good work!

For some reason, before the upgrade my Help/About was showing version 1.0.27 for the daughterboard before the upgrade to the beta and now it is showing version 1.0.0.  Joey in support had mentioned that I may have an older daughterboard -- is this an issue that should be addressed?

TEDSupport6

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2011, 06:54:37 PM »
For some reason, before the upgrade my Help/About was showing version 1.0.27 for the daughterboard before the upgrade to the beta and now it is showing version 1.0.0.  Joey in support had mentioned that I may have an older daughterboard -- is this an issue that should be addressed?

Do you have a wireless display with your system? Are you having any issues with it? If you don't have a display then there's no need to worry about your daughterboard version, since its sole responsibility is communication to the display.

jrgrant

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2011, 07:51:41 PM »
Do you have a wireless display with your system? Are you having any issues with it? If you don't have a display then there's no need to worry about your daughterboard version, since its sole responsibility is communication to the display.
Yes, this is a TED5000-C with the zigbee display.  The only issue I have with the remote display is that the range is very limited.  This could easily be because of a very noisy 2.4 GHz environment (I'm surrounded by 802.11b/g access points and 2.4 GHz wireless phones), but if a daughterboard upgrade would help I'd certainly be up to give it a try.

TEDSupport6

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2011, 09:04:25 PM »
Yes, this is a TED5000-C with the zigbee display.  The only issue I have with the remote display is that the range is very limited.  This could easily be because of a very noisy 2.4 GHz environment (I'm surrounded by 802.11b/g access points and 2.4 GHz wireless phones), but if a daughterboard upgrade would help I'd certainly be up to give it a try.
Yes, it sounds like you could benefit from the upgrade. You'll need to fill out a support ticket at this link: http://www.theenergydetective.com/support/tickets/submit-ticket.

JBurgess

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2011, 09:25:08 PM »
Help -> Solar instalation Guide leads to "page not found". Not sure if the link is bad or it's a problem with the website. this is where it directs me to:  http://www.theenergydetective.com/support/solar-installation

TedDev

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2011, 10:50:44 PM »
Help -> Solar instalation Guide leads to "page not found". Not sure if the link is bad or it's a problem with the website. this is where it directs me to:  http://www.theenergydetective.com/support/solar-installation

Thanks..its a broken link on the website. I've sent a message to our web designers to get that fixed.

****EDIT******- Link should be fixed now
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 11:57:02 PM by TedDev »

DougHo

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2011, 12:19:06 AM »
Second history seems reasonable (although I notice the most recent couple dozen seconds appear at the bottom rather than the top - perhaps related to the amount of time it took to download).  All seconds are under 10kW, yet Footprints says Peak 35.568kW during that hour.  Although I did a Restart TED after the firmware update, I just did a Restart TED again (15 hours after Reset Totals to Zero).  Tried to attach screenshots of Footprints and Stats (few minutes after the Restart, 15 hours after the Reset Totals) but got error message saying Attachments directory is not writable, so I am posting temporarily at http://www.niceties.com/fp.jpg and http://www.niceties.com/st.jpg

P.S.  Don't know why fp says 29401 for zip, perhaps it mistakenly does that for some number of minutes after Restart TED - should say 32812 as it did before Restart and says now again on my live screen.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 12:26:23 AM by DougHo »

TedDev

« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2011, 02:00:46 AM »
P.S.  Don't know why fp says 29401 for zip, perhaps it mistakenly does that for some number of minutes after Restart TED - should say 32812 as it did before Restart and says now again on my live screen.

29401 is the default address and is shown until the first weather packet is received from NWS.  Will usually disappear after a reload.  I'll continue to run a low usage test here. What is the serial number of your ted (does it start w/ a 20 or 21)? Also, if you can send me a link to your gateway (PM is fine) I can look at it remotely to see if I see anything else going on with it.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 02:04:31 AM by TedDev »