Author Topic: TED5000 Beta R452/R240  (Read 73987 times)

DougHo

Re: TED5000 Beta R450/R240
« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2011, 03:13:35 AM »
Thanks for that good news about future firmware for us 20-series owners, and for promoting those alternatives to PowerMeter (too bad we have to choose only one at a time).  FYI, you keep saying label on bottom of gateway, but to be clear my 20-series label was on the portion of gateway which faces wall when plugged into typical wall outlet (not the smaller side opposite the ethernet socket which seems like the bottom when the white TED logo is oriented toward you).  In other words I had to unplug TED from wall to see the label.

biljol@pegasusaz.com

« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2011, 05:40:02 PM »
Loaded the new beata looks like no communications with the ct50 think it is becaus RT has not relesed and update for that tstat

bobtheskutter

« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2011, 01:19:59 AM »
I do in fact have a 20 series gateway.

Would there be any way for us early users to upgrade to the newer gateway series?

What about those of us with earlier gateway models?  Will there be a firmware upgrade for us?

We will release a version the near future that doesn't contain Google PowerMeter activation (since that is going away anyway). That will bring the Footprints  back down in size small enough to work w/ 20-series gateways. The only new feature that wouldn't be available for 20-series TED5000's would be demand charge calculations. The other features (RTA integration, 3rd party support enhancements, load profile fixes, history backup/restore) will still be available.  We are still testing the current beta release against 20-series Gateways to identify any additional issues that come up.

That being said, be sure to check the gateway id to make sure you have a 20-series model. There were not many 20-series units manufactured and the majority of TED5000's purchased would be 21-series. The gateway series number is the first two digits of the serial number on the bottom of the gateway and is listed under the Product ID tab of System Settings Wizard.

TedDev

• TED Software Developent
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2011, 05:35:35 AM »
Loaded the new beata looks like no communications with the ct50 think it is becaus RT has not relesed and update for that tstat

The latest firmware from their site should work fine. I'm currently using that on a test rig here. You may need to visit their Filtrete website again to push the upgrade through

http://www.radiothermostat.com/filtrete/

Any version after 1.4.x should be work w/ this version of the firmware.  However, if any other applications are communicating w/ your CT50, they may be blocking the TED5000 from getting data.

Envithyx

Re: TED5000 Beta R447/R240
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2011, 09:03:47 PM »
TEDDev: Per your request on my reversion to 406/223 on 20-series hardware: I saved system and utility settings via wizard (then restored them, verified, and wrote them), and reset totals to zero again.  PeakkWToday displays 0 for couple seconds then changes to ~27kW, while every second of exported seconds is .100 or less.  So I don't understand how bogus value can be coming from MTU (1.0.57); stats says skp is 0.
Daily export for peak pwr has negative or positive number absolute value around 30 (k).  Daily export for min pwr is always a number 26.8xx where xx varies from 15 to 29.
Also to display Footprints web I had to use IP address instead of TED5000 name, perhaps bug related to me posting to EnerSave (since PowerMeter is going away)?  After I did Restart TED, I was able to use the TED5000 name again (for awhile, later I have to use IP address again).

I am having this issue as well and I have a brand new 21 series.  Doesn't matter if I regress to 406/223, factory reset clearing history, etc.  No matter what, it pops up those values.

Tried to do the rest totals, and it went to 0 for a second then returned.

What I noticed is you can get it to do it everytime you apply setting changes.  The timestamp of the bogus peak values will update to when you last saved changes, or close enough.

DougHo

Re: TED5000 Beta R452/R240
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2011, 10:11:07 PM »
Envithyx: The Reset to Factory Defaults and Erase History is what finally cleared up the crazy peak/min values for my 20-series - plus I likely did "Restart TED".  It definately wasn't enough to try just Reset Totals/Restart TED.  Sorry if your situation is different, but I'm glad I'm working again (just waiting now for some support tech to remotely access my TED to put back the proper 20-series ID).

Envithyx

« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2011, 07:58:38 AM »
Envithyx: The Reset to Factory Defaults and Erase History is what finally cleared up the crazy peak/min values for my 20-series - plus I likely did "Restart TED".  It definately wasn't enough to try just Reset Totals/Restart TED.  Sorry if your situation is different, but I'm glad I'm working again (just waiting now for some support tech to remotely access my TED to put back the proper 20-series ID).

Was about to give up, but after comming back here and seeing a few who have gotten it fixed, I had to try once more.

So what worked for me, but no idea if this could be repeated, was to add a complete power shutdown of the gateway for almost an hour while I ran errands.

No matter what combination I tried, adding that one step seems to have done the trick.

To recap the last attempt that was successful, and I tried this combination and others all day long with the exception of the power down cycle.

1. Did a factory reset and erase history using footprints.  Waited 10 min.
2. Reset totals to 0.
3. Restart TED5000 using footprints.  Waited till I could see it on the installation program list.
4. Re-uploaded firmware 406 using the non-beta installation program.  Waited 15min to be sure.
5. Re-uploaded footprints 223 using the non-beta installation program.  Waited 10min to be sure.
6. Unplugged gateway 30 seconds.
7. Re-plugged in gateway using factory reset button pushed in for 30seconds.  Released button and waited 10min.
8. Verified I could get to footprints via the browswer and see setup wizard pop up.  Canceled setup.
9. Went to the wall and pulled gateway out.  Went outside, flipped the breaker and shut down the MTUs.
10. Turned MTU's back on after about 1min.  Left to go to the store.
11. When I got back, plugged in gateway.

All I did to configure it was to enter the SN of MTU1 and apply, leaving everything else default.  Usually, I get an immediate spike on the peak once the settings are applied -- between 12-29kW.

This time, it read 4.147kW which was correct as my AC is on.  Whoot!

Opened up and configured gateway back to all my settings.  I'm now a happy camper.

------------------------

On a side note, it appears that whenever the system is updated with settings, it does a reset.  All values go to 0 on the graph, then it picks up the data from the MTU.  However, when it was broke, you could see the real time usage guage spike to the # that would end up being on the peak readings. + on the load side, - on the gen side.

So the gateway registers 0 on the graph, but clearly is reading some init variable and spiking the results.  Maybe the beta firmware left a bad value in some area of memory that was being picked up?

The # would almost always be exactly the same, the date and timestamps would always correlate to updating system settings, the graph would always show a period of 0 for all data loggers.

Maybe all the various attemps to roll back the firmware, reset and clear data, etc... wipes that bad value out.  In my case, either the full power down, or my crazy steps above, finally zeroed it out.

Only the devs can maybe say whether this theory even flies.

Good luck to anyone else who ends up dealing with this issue.

solar_dave

• MAC MAC
    • PHX-Solar-TED
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2011, 08:38:48 PM »
Yes I have a 20 series Gateway as well as I am an early adopter of the TED 5000. Is there an upgrade program?
My TED 5000 system
Sticking it to the power company one watt at a time!
60 Ningbo Electric 175 watt panels and 12 Canadian Solar 180 watt panels with 2 PVP 5200 Inverters

stanar

« Reply #83 on: July 03, 2011, 02:56:49 AM »
I installed R450/R240 and it  was working fine.

I upgraded Gateway R452 from Gateway R450. and now when I hit the IP, the page is just blank. I power cycled the Gateway, still no use. I didnt load Footprints again since it's the same version.

How do I fix it without loosing any data?

It is  still updating the google powermeter and myenersave though.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 03:29:25 AM by stanar »

Solar in Arizona

« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2011, 03:17:48 AM »
Stanar-I had the same issue. I loaded footprints using the intaller program "Open in browser" option and it worked fine after that. I imagine it would also work by typing the IP address of TED into the browser.

stanar

« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2011, 06:35:17 PM »
Stanar-I had the same issue. I loaded footprints using the intaller program "Open in browser" option and it worked fine after that. I imagine it would also work by typing the IP address of TED into the browser.

I didnt load the footprints since it is the same version. Anyway I will try using the installer program to load the FP.

Btw, I do always use the IP address on the browser to access FP.
thanks.

stanar

« Reply #86 on: July 05, 2011, 06:41:20 AM »

I tried with the installer prorgam, but it is timing out.

Any other way to fix it?

whmagill

Re: TED5000 Beta R452/R240 - missing icons
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2011, 03:18:24 AM »
This is a duplicate of the post I just made in the main forum as it happened before I upgraded to the beta ...

I was running 1.0.406 Gateway and 1.0.223 Footprints -- to get the weather working, upgraded back in February.

Right now as I'm following up with the demise of Google, I notice that I keep seeing Footprints telling me it is successfully loading 67 of 68 items, every 3-5 seconds.  (And 549 of 550 items in the cache... as I'm watching and typing this, the Cache entry has climbed to 592 items!)

Looking at the Activity page in Safari, I find "images/wximages/twclogo.jpg" is "not found." I have a "blue sky" image displayed in Footprints.
Weather (temps) appear correct and goes to forecast.weather.gov with the correct zipcode for the7 day forecast. (NOAA and NWS logos also display)

This is now with R452/R240 --- it apparently is working satisfactorily other than that. Google is apparently receiving data, and history appears intact.

BTW, the Copyright on the Footprints Live Dashboard still shows 2009.

Phoenix84

« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2011, 04:11:55 AM »
Thanks for that good news about future firmware for us 20-series owners, and for promoting those alternatives to PowerMeter (too bad we have to choose only one at a time).

Actually, that's not entirely true. I'm using BOTH MyEnerSave AND Eragy monitoring (as well as storing the data myself in my own database). It's true that the TED unit can only POST to one service at a time (hopefully that's changed). However you can POLL as many times as you want. MyEnerSave supports polling the TED unit (at the second level no less). Granted, it must be exposed through the firewall/router, but it works (I actually run through an apache proxy myself). I don't use It's Electric, but I know that polls as well.

Mr Mohon

« Reply #89 on: July 06, 2011, 09:02:47 PM »
I just updated from R406/R223 to the new software in Beta R452/R240 and when I did my MTU's (3 of them) stopped communicating with the gateway all together. Before I even started I confirmed that I have a 21 XX XX Series Gateway. I don't know if anything went wrong or not when I did the update. When I go and look at the about page to see what software is running on it says the right revs except when it says the MTU Version 1.0.0 Anyone have any ideas. I have even tried to upload the old update (R406/R223) that I had on there and still no communication between MTU's and Gateway. I know that there is no PLC issues because I have the MTU's and Gateway on its own dedicated circuit with a filter on it. Before I started I had less than a 2% skip rate with the MTU's. Please help if you can.

Thanks.
TED 5003-C
MTU 1 = House Sub Panel 1 = Load
MTU 2 = House Sub Panel 2 = Load
MTU 3 = Guest House Sub panel = Stand Alone