Author Topic: Any tricks to make Advisor work with Yahoo email or gmail accounts?  (Read 2894 times)

mikewb

I've installed TED Pro and everything works fine except the Advisor. I've tried using Yahoo email and gmail accounts but I never receive alerts as expected. I've checked the settings and they are correct and identical to settings I use on a smart phone that is able to send emails on WiFi, so I don't believe it's a modem/router issue. The outgoing server settings are set as indicated by Yahoo and gmail. I can't find any way to see if the Advisor software is even trying to send the emails.

I'm hoping someone has experience with this and can advise me. I've opened a ticket but they won't see it until Monday.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 04:52:21 AM by mikewb »

mikewb

Re: Any tricks to make Advisor work with Yahoo email or gmail accounts?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 09:56:57 AM »
Update...
I was impressed to receive a reply to my ticket tonight after I was told via chat that tech support was out of the office until Monday.
The reply stated that Advisor will not work with Yahoo or Gmail due to a firmware bug. It will work with an email account through my ISP. My ISP is Suddenlink, and with my suddenlink.net email I got it to work.