Author Topic: Multiple Gateways (TED 5000)  (Read 3480 times)

Allenrain

Multiple Gateways (TED 5000)
« on: July 06, 2014, 12:26:58 AM »
Has anyone tried using multiple Gateways of the TED 5000 series with mControl? Is it even possible? I'm guessing no since mControl appears to only allow for one IP address in the mControl v3 driver settings. Just wanted to verify.

pfletch101

• My home page
Re: Multiple Gateways (TED 5000)
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 04:16:39 AM »
You cannot use multiple gateways in the same installation. I believe that they get very confused if you try!  :)
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

cbabkirk

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2015, 09:03:45 PM »
Hello pfletch101,

When you say that you cannot use two gateways in the same installation do you mean same installation as the same main panel or the same residence, etc?

I have two gateways installed each with 4 mtus. Each set of "gateway with it's mtus" is isolated from the main panel and from each other by XFP wired-in filters. I don't seem to be having any problems so far.

MTU1-4 >>>  Gateway#1 >>> XPF filter  --|
                                                          |_ Maine panel
                                                          |
MTU1-4 >>>  Gateway#2 >>> XPF filter  --| 

What I came to the forum for is to find out if I could put two gateways on one filter and avoid buying another filter of if safest to put each gateway/mtu set on it's own filter?

I am leaning toward putting the additional gateway and MTUs behind another XPF filter.

pfletch101

• My home page
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 05:32:32 PM »
Hello pfletch101,

When you say that you cannot use two gateways in the same installation do you mean same installation as the same main panel or the same residence, etc?

I have two gateways installed each with 4 mtus. Each set of "gateway with it's mtus" is isolated from the main panel and from each other by XFP wired-in filters. I don't seem to be having any problems so far.

MTU1-4 >>>  Gateway#1 >>> XPF filter  --|
                                                          |_ Maine panel
                                                          |
MTU1-4 >>>  Gateway#2 >>> XPF filter  --| 

What I came to the forum for is to find out if I could put two gateways on one filter and avoid buying another filter of if safest to put each gateway/mtu set on it's own filter?

I am leaning toward putting the additional gateway and MTUs behind another XPF filter.

Sorry for the delay in replying - for some reason, I was not seeing new messages for a few days. You can (obviously, since you are doing it) have multiple MTU/gateway sets installed, provided that each set is isolated from all the others by adequate filters. You can't have multiple sets in an installation without filters, and you can't put two gateways and their MTUs 'behind' one filter, so your inclination is well founded.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits