Author Topic: FootPrints software graphing changes cause slow responsiveness to further inputs  (Read 5904 times)

robininni

When I adjust the FootPrints software to the graph tab and choose something like 15 minute interval on seconds, it takes a long time for it to update my changes and start the new graphing parameters.  Once it does change, the FootPrints software is very unresponsive to mouse commands like it is severly bogged down.

I am running this application on a Intel 2.8 Ghz quad core with 8Gb of ram so I know it is not my computer being underpowered.  Is this a known issue and is there a solution?

Thanks!

Rob

marf

Known issue (to me, anyway.)

I reported the same problem on two different computers.  Just (Friday) uploaded all my history to support.  Now waiting for response.

TEDSupport6

I recommend making sure that you have the latest firmware versions for the Gateway and Footprints, which you can download here: http://www.theenergydetective.com/ted-5000/firmware-upgrade.

marf

I've had the latest version since day one.

Regardless, I reloaded last Friday (for the fourth time) at the suggestion of your tech.

Still no change.

SherlockOhms

• Sherlock
I would suggest trying different browser.  I see different performance on different computers using different browsers. So I won't recommend one over another but just suggest you try the top 3.  Google Chrome (my preference), Firefox and IE.  Also note that you should not be using IE 6.

marf

Changed to Chrome.  That made a huge difference from IE8.

I still get a few delays for large data sets, but it's just a delay and not an outright hang.  Very well behaved.

Now maybe I can do something!

SherlockOhms

• Sherlock
Yes, i suspected that. I find my self going back and forth between Firefox and Chrome lately depending on particular sites.  Usually after they have an update to the browser (which have been often again lately) I'll check and see if the new update has made an impact on the system.

pfletch101

• My home page
FWIW IE9 (now officially released) handles Footprints much better that previous IE versions - no more Javascript warnings, and the graphs display as fast as they do with Firefox.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

dane1234

Just for the record, my T.E.D. updates immediately using the Safari 5.0.4 browser or the Firefox 3.6.13 browser.  My computer is a standard iMac with the dual-core 3.1 GHz Intel processor, running OS 10.6.6.  So there is nothing inherently incompatible with T.E.D. and the Safari browser, at least if you're a Mac user running the latest version OS (snow leopard).  The system also works great with Google Power Meter.