Author Topic: Edit History  (Read 5225 times)

lundwall_paul

Edit History
« on: September 04, 2011, 04:50:35 AM »
Is there a program that will allow users to edit history?  Is this anything that TED support is working on?

PV-Skip

Re: Edit History
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 09:13:23 PM »
I am looking for that too.
Shouldn't be a big deal to change the footprints program, but I am not into those kinds of things.

Hey TED people, we need your help here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

TEDSupport6

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 10:12:39 PM »
A history edit feature is definitely on our "to-do list". Adding this feature is not as simple as it seems due to the way in which TED stores data, however it will be made available in a future firmware release.

PV-Skip

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 04:59:41 PM »
That's good news!!

Maybe you guys put this on the top of your "To Do" list!!! ;D ;D

gigercom

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2012, 10:50:14 PM »
Please Please!  History edit is drastically needed!

Once you have a power failure and the history blips and says you've used 1300kwh in 4 hours, the rest of the month is a total waste.  Its estimating that I am going to use 18,333 kwh this month! My estimated monthly bill is now $3,560 bucks!

Come on,.. this really makes this product useless to me.  The whole point was to analyze my usage at different times of the year, and then from year to year!  I realize I can export the data to excel and edit the data there,  BUT THAT DOES NOT FIX THE ENERGY MONITOR!  ???  Monitoring from my phone also then becomes a waste.

This needs to happen.  I have been seeing posts for over year now.  I am starting to think it cannot be done.  I may have to start looking into alternative products.  Anyone know of any good products?

pfletch101

• My home page
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 05:34:31 PM »
If you download your data and load it into a spreadsheet, you can get rid of erroneous outliers and otherwise manipulate it to your heart's content. If you were to make a mistake when editing the primary stored data in TED, the affected data would be lost forever. I would rather the TED folks concentrated on getting the communication, control and recording process as bug-free and reliable as possible, recognizing that there will always be occasional glitches, related (usually) to power anomalies, and left it to people use their software and/or spreadsheet of choice to do the fine-tuning and analysis/display of the data. IHMO, the limited onboard ROM space should not be used to implement functionalities that can be accomplished better off-line.
Peter R. Fletcher
TED Pro Home - main MTUs monitoring utility and PV Solar feeds; 2 Spyders monitoring selected individual circuits

tmarks11

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2012, 03:50:10 AM »
Nonsense, we all paid for the ability to see history from a browser window.  Now I have an 11000kwhr recording for Friday, which makes all my history graphs useless.  Just because it is not a problem for you doesn't mean it isn't a valid issue for some of us.

tmarks11

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 03:28:11 PM »
If you don't understand how annoying this is, then look at the image below.  This anomalous power reading kills the ability to use the embedded graphing routines.  The only choice that I am given is to reset all of my past history to get rid of it.

RussellH

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 11:04:53 PM »
I too have been hit.  But I'm going to complain about this from a different angle.  It appears that when some data points are missing, the TED just uses the "last one" (or is it the first one?) and extends it over the gap.  That might be fine for one or two missing readings, but over a power failure, that's just making stuff up.

Just as the power goes it, it appears the TED can get a transitory reading that's very high.  Well, it's a glitch.  Fair enough.  But what hurts is the above action where it extends that glitch throughout the blackout.  In my case, a single erroneous reading of 655.911 KW gets stretched over 6 hours ends up with nearly a 4,000 KWH day. (No, that's not a typo - that's 4MWH).

If TED could fix that "fill in" then perhaps we wouldn't need the edit history feature so badly.

VZTech

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2012, 12:21:55 AM »
It was on their "to-do" list back in September of 2011. Guess that they still have not got around to "To-Doing" it yet.

Come on guys. It has been close to a year since you said it was on the "To-do" list,