Author Topic: Clock issues, even with new CR2032 battery  (Read 511 times)

Guest

  • Guest
Clock issues, even with new CR2032 battery
« on: February 27, 2021, 06:42:34 PM »
I recently started having trouble with historical data being shown on my TED50l0. It shows real-time data fine, but the daily/monthly summaries are all out of whack. I eventually noticed the clock was set to Jan 1, 2000. Several posts say the battery would fix this issue. Sure enough, the old battery read 0.05 Volts.

I soldered a battery holder onto the circuit board, but even with that, I canít get the clock date to be set correctly. I disabled NTP for now and am just manually setting the clock. Is there some sort of sunset date in the TED firmware? I even tried setting the date to 2001-02-27, but that also seemed to fail. At least my clock is counting up now, but I canít seem to get the date set correctly.

Am I fighting a losing battle trying to keep the old system running? Just curious if these are still working for others and if I should keep working on it or consider replacing it with a different system.

Guest

  • Guest
Re: Clock issues, even with new CR2032 battery
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 08:10:31 AM »
I don't know if these forums are still really active, but will report back just to close out the message. I did finally get it to work.

One other symptom from before the fix was that even though the clock was set to 2000, the History tab in the web interface was showing dates from 2020 and 2021.

The final fix was to:

  • Export the current TED 5000 configuration to a SystemSettings.xml file
  • Select Reset to Factory Defaults and Erase History
  • Edit SystemSettings.xml file in a text editor and update the time settings. In DateTime/UseServer, set the value to 0 to disable NTP. Update the time in the DateTime section to the current time using a 2 digit date format (ie: 21 for 2021)
  • Restore the settings from the SystemSettings.xml file
  • Edit the settings and enable NTP now that the clock is close to the current time

After going through all of this, the daily totals and projected monthly values on the Live Dashboard all look valid. In addition, while most of the values on the History tab are now 0, it did populate the data for the previous hour, so my history page looks to be correct.

Since I've lost all my history for this month, I'll need to guesstimate how much electricity I used in the electric vehicle, but I should be back to normal for March.