Author Topic: TED5000 API still available for download?  (Read 290 times)

TED5000 API still available for download?
« on: August 25, 2021, 04:59:28 PM »
I intended to replace my TED5000 for a Pro Home because ability to monitor specific circuits with the Spyder.
Purchased last November but it ended up sitting in the box waiting for a RoundTuit.
Installed it and found the MTU is faulty, and there are none available. The next option is to wait until January for their new model.
This is less than ideal.

So. I'm stuck with a dead MTU6000, and an unsupported TED5000.
Less than ideal.

Is the TED5000 API documentation still available?
Does anyone have a functioning MTU6000 willing to part with? Message me with details. [edit]If the message system on this forum is working. I'm logged in as birdfeedr, but forum says post is by Guest[/edit]

The MTU has 2 internal components. Which one carries the MTU device ID? If it is stored on the main board, then I surmise the daughterboard carries the communications, and if the MTU cannot connect to the ECC, will a daughterboard replacement be the next repair step?

I have 2 ECCs that exhibit the same LED behavior which leads me to believe the MTU is the faulty part.

Looking for help from the forum. Thank you in advance.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2021, 05:01:17 PM by birdfeedr »

Re: TED5000 API still available for download?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2021, 08:30:35 PM »
I should have a copy of the TED5000 API here somewhere.  If you need me to send you a copy just let me know.

Tom

edit
I'm posting as a guest too apparently.  User tlveik.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 08:32:15 PM by tlveik »

Re: TED5000 API still available for download?
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2021, 11:40:46 AM »
Based on bits here and there, I surmise that the original TED company is under new management.
Forum software is in need of an update, which is planned.

I also suspect that with currently over 76,000 forum members, the guest status was a result of trying to trim inactive accounts do to spamming. My account was inactive for a few years.

I have tested and confirmed inability to send a message since the forum does not recognize me as an existing member.

Until then, I would appreciate if you would email me a copy of the TED5000 API documentation to birdfeedr at verizon.net
« Last Edit: August 28, 2021, 08:04:31 PM by birdfeedr »