Author Topic: Display not communicating at all with gateway.  (Read 4134 times)

Pir8

Display not communicating at all with gateway.
« on: March 10, 2011, 02:01:02 PM »
hello!!
I have a new TED500C unit that I bought after using one at my office for several month without issues. But this new system is giving me a lot of headaches. I installed everything as it should be, the footprints get the data and everything is working ok except for the display unit which doesn't get any data. I've tried everything without success. I even opened a support ticket and a customer representative sent me a daughter board firmware which didn't fix anything. The display still shows no info at all.
I have all the latest firmwares installed:
Gateway version: 1.0.406
Daughterboad version: 1.0.0
Footprint version: 1.0.223
MTU Version: 1.0.64

I even tried taking this display unit to my office and setting it up with my working system but it didn't show any info either. Is there anything I can do with this thing ??

Thanks

SherlockOhms

• Sherlock
Re: Display not communicating at all with gateway.
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 08:38:26 AM »
It appears as your DaughterBoard is not reporting it's version. Possibly because the update did not complete. Please re-apply the update. The update is still in progress while the front LED (side with TED word) is blinking RED.  Once it resumes blinking GREEN the firmware update is complete. Also can you tell me what version of the display you have. Hold down the button on display while it's in the tray till it gets to "Display Settings" screen. What is the version number?

Pir8

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 05:02:14 PM »
Now everything is dead! This is a brand new unit and I haven't been able to use it. I tried applying the daughterboard firmware one more time using the installation utility and the front led of the gateway never blinked red in fact I got a Timeout error message. Now the gateway stays with both leds on. The front one solid green and the side one solid amber. The installation utility does not recognize the gateway. The display version is 102$ which by de way doesn't work either with my old TED5000 that I have installed at my office.
This gateway came with a red dot on the back label marked with a permanent marker. I wonder what the red dot means.
Thanks

TEDSupport6

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 10:11:51 AM »
Now everything is dead!

What exactly is no longer working? Are you still able to access footprints? It's best to install any updates through the Update Firmware option in the Advanced menu.